Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Karen Robinson | 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Table Treats #1
Hi everyone 🖐 Today I have a quick & easy table favour to share with you using the Poinsettia Place DSP & Poinsettia Dies from the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalogue plus the Word Wishes Dies from the 2020-21 Annual Catalogue.
These little cuties measure 5-1/2″ x 1-3/8″ x 1-3/8″ and only need a 6″ x 6″ piece of DSP, which means you can make 4 from one 12″ x 12″ sheet and 48 from an entire pack, perfect when you need a lot! 😁
I used the Simply Scored for the basic design and the addition of a few diagonal score lines gives it the quirky shape that I like so much.
I kept the decoration simple as this is such a small item and this keeps the assembly time down as well. I used the Poinsettia Dies to die cut the floral pieces & the Word Wishes Dies for the word “Merry”. I used the Adhesive Sheets to create a sticker out of the word, but you could adhere it in place with a few dabs of glue just as easily.
I used Black Glimmer Paper for the sentiment & added rhinestones to the centres of the flowers to add even more sparkle ✨ – you can never have enough sparkle at Christmas 😉
Here’s the How To:
DSP: 6″ x 6″
- Score @ 1/2″, 1-3/8″, 4-5/8″ & 5-1/2″
- Turn 90°
- Score @ 1-3/8″, 2-3/4″, 4-1/8″ & 5-1/2″
- Score @ 5/8″ & 3-3/8″ (to the first horizontal score line only)
- Turn 180°
- Score @ 2-5/8″ & 5-3/8″ (to the first horizontal score line only)
- Create diagonal score lines from the partial score lines above
- Add Tear & Tape to 1/2″ tab and close box
- With the box flat, gently fold the score lines at both ends back & forth to soften paper fibres
- Open box & pinch ends closed along partial score lines, reinforcing diagonal score lines
- Embellish as desired
I’ve made these little table treats a few times now & love how the diagonal score lines add so much interest to their shape and keeps them snugly closed without any extra adhesive needed. These will be on our Christmas table this year with a few little treats inside & I can hardly wait to see them in place 😊
If you’d like to purchase any of the products I used today, please visit my Online Store. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia and remember to use November’s Host Code: TPUTK3A9 when you shop with me to receive your Party Perks.