Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Karen Robinson | 12 Weeks of Halloween 2020 – Week 6
Hi everyone 🖐 I have the sixth project in this year’s 12 Weeks of Halloween series to share with you today which is Trick or Treat tote that will hold lots & lots & lots of goodies 🍬🍭🍫😋
These totes measure 3.25″W x 1.25″D x 3.75″H and use a 9.5″ x 5″ piece of cardstock for the base, plus two 3/8″ x 7″ strips for the handles. I used the Celebration Tidings stamp set to decorate the front and back of my tote and the Playful Alphabet Dies to create a silly sentiment for the front.
I added all the decoration to my bag (except the stars) before I assembled it as it is much easier to do this while it’s flat. I stapled the handles in place for extra security and covered the staple with a glittery star (from a retired punch), to cover them up.
Here’s the How To:
Cardstock: 9.5″ x 5″ (bag base)
3/8″ x 7″ (x2 handles)
- Score @ 1.25″, 4.5″, 5.75″ & 9″ (on 9.5″ side)
- Score @ 5/8″ & 5-1/8″ (3-1/4″ down to form gussets)
- Turn 90°
- Score @ 1.25″
- Join partial scores with bottom score line to create gussets
- Stamp front & back panels of bag
- Fold & burnish score lines
- Remove small tab, trim along bottom and trim tabs
- Apply adhesive
- Add other decoration as desired
- Assemble bag
- Adhere handles & cover joins if needed with embellishments
I can’t believe we’re at the halfway mark already, this series is going so fast this year. I really like how these little totes turned out and plan to send them to school filled with goodies for the teachers, I hope they like them too 😁
If you’d like to purchase any of the products I used today, please visit my Online Store. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia and remember to use September’s Host Code: 6EYDMH4Q when you shop with me to receive your Party Perks.