Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Karen Robinson | Valentine’s Day – Sweet Treat Bag
This year’s 2020 Mini Catalogue has a fun, love themed group of products called the From My Heart Suite which I’ve mostly used to create today’s project – some sweet treat bags, perfect to give to some special someone’s 🙂
Today’s project was inspired by this pin here and each bag only uses a 6″ x 9″ piece of DSP, which means you can make two from one 12″ x 12″ sheet and still have a nice piece leftover for another project 🙂
The heart punch I used to cut create the window will also take out some of the bottom flap, to cover it up I adhered the back flap last in the assembly stage and trimmed 1/8″ off it so it didn’t show from the front.
I kept the decoration simple and stamped the arrow from Heartfelt onto Thick Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut it out with my Paper Snips. The word “love” is from the Well Written Dies and I die cut it twice in Gold Glimmer cardstock & Basic Grey. I offset the grey a little for a shadow effect and it really helps the gold word stand out.
After I’d glued the word to the arrow I decided popping this up would be a great idea??? so I trimmed super skinny slivers of dimensionals from the edge and adhered it to the front of my bags, this was pretty fiddly, but I love the look and it saved getting glue everywhere, so pluses & minuses 😉
The small hearts from the Trio of Tags Dies added the final embellishment to these simple bags and a length of ribbon keeps them securely closed.
Here’s the How To:
Finished Size: 3-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
DSP: 6″ x 9″
Window Sheet: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Score @ 1-1/2″, 4-1/4″, 5-3/4″ & 8-1/2″ (on the 9″ side)
- Turn 90°
- Score @ 1-1/2″ & 5″ (on 6″ side)
- With the DSP in landscape mode fold up the 1-1/2″ base and punch a heart in the second panel from the left.
- Adhere window sheet behind punch out using preferred adhesive, keeping edges away from score lines
- Trim up to the 1-1/2″ score lines along the vertical scores, remove the small rectangle on the far right & wedge the tabs
- Rotate the DSP 180°
- With the tab on the left, remove the small rectangle, keep the next panel and remove the remaining three panels along the horizontal score line
- Round corners of lid (optional)
- Remove 1/8″ from the large base panel only (optional)
- Fold & burnish all your score lines
- Apply adhesive to the side tab and close the box
- Apply adhesive to the bottom tabs and back base flap, remove backing and adhere in this order, tabs, front flap, back flap
- Punch holes in the top flap for ribbon (I used a Crop-o-dile)
- Mark position of holes onto bag behind & punch
- Thread ribbon to close & decorate as desired
These are a nice sized bag to hold few treats and look so sweet with their sparkle & shine. I’m looking forward to giving these ones to some special people and just have to make sure I guard their contents from marauding hands 😉
If you’d like to purchase any of the products I used today, please visit my Online Store. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia and remember to use January’s Host Code: 6RDUB7MG when you shop with me to receive your Party Perks.
Click here to shop with me 24/7
To receive a FREE Catalogue, click here
Valentine’s Day – Sweet Treat Bag | Supply List
Click on any image below to shop in my Online Store