Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Karen Robinson | Painted With Love Big Bag
We’re well and truly into April now, which means that Mother’s Day is just around the corner. So I’m starting a Made for Mum series today and will be sharing some fun packaging ideas using the decadent Painted With Love DSP over the next couple of weeks.
This specialty paper is on the retiring list (that was released today) and will only be available while supplies last. I’m not much of a pink girl usually, but there was just something about this paper pack that I couldn’t resist and while it was part of a Valentine suite it can be used for so much more, so don’t be afraid to stock up if you love it as well 🙂
I’m starting off this series with a big bag to hold all the rest of my projects in. I made this one using the same technique from this post and used a 12″ x 12″ piece of Painted With Love DSP and the large measurements on the Gift Bag Punch Board.
The finished dimensions are: 8-3/4″ H x 3-1/2 to 5-5/8″ W x 2″ D, a nice big bag to hold lots of goodies to spoil mum with 😉
A few tips to make assembling your bag easier:
- Have a practice on some older DSP first, to check your measurements (if possible). I hate wasting my “good” paper and always do a practice run when I can.
- Use a pencil to mark where you will be punching, remember this bag uses the guidelines differently
- I simply extended the score lines along the full height of the bag by folding what I’d already scored and allowing the rest of the paper to follow the path. Take your time with this to make sure your paper is folding straight. Otherwise you can extend those score lines with your scoreboard or trimmer afterwards.
- I scored 2″ from the top after I’d folded all the score lies to create the band at the top
- Use a strong adhesive, like Tear and Tape to assemble.
After I’d completed my bag I punched some holes and used a twist of the Love Mini Tinsel Trim (retiring – available while stocks last) to create some super sparkly handles 🙂
I decided to keep the tag for my bag pretty simple as the bag had so much colour and pattern in it. I punched a 2″ piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and added two of the hearts from Sure Do love You (retiring). The sentiment is from Ribbon of Courage and is perfect for so many different occasions, I love the fonts in this set.
After I stamped my hearts, I flagged the bottom of my tag and tied it to the bag with a generous bow of the same tinsel trim.
That’s my first project done and boy, you can fit loads in this bag! You might be thinking, this is a lot of effort to go to for just a gift bag, but I’ve never seen one as pretty as this and can now co-ordinate all the goodies that will go inside. It will be a gorgeous little treasure trove when I’m done that I hope my mum will love 🙂
If you’d like to purchase any of the products I used today, please visit my Online Store. I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia and remember to use April’s Host Code: 966CYMWU when you shop with me to receive your Customer Rewards.
Click here to shop with me 24/7
To receive a FREE Catalogue, click here
Painted With Love Big Bag | Supply List
Click on any image below to shop in my Online Store
One thought on “Painted With Love Big Bag”