Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Karen Robinson – Treats for the Sweet
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and while we typically only tend to give gifts to our nearest and dearest here, I just couldn’t resist making a little quick and easy treat that could be made in bulk and shared to spread some love everywhere.
I found these little twirl lollipops at the Reject Shop recently (I’ve also seen them called unicorn lollipops) and thought they’d be perfect as a little treat for lots of different occasions. I’ve given them a Valentine’s feel this time but you could easily change the paper and sentiment to make them suitable for any celebration.
I used Real Red cardstock and the Sending Love DSP to make the base of the treat holders. They only use a 2 x 9-1/2″ piece of cardstock and a 1-3/4 x 2-1/2″ piece of DSP which means you can make four from one sheet of cardstock and six from the DSP, so quite economical as well 🙂
I stamped a sentiment from Sealed With Love in Basic Black and those lovely lips – my favourite stamp in this set – in Real Red onto white cardstock and cut it out with the 2nd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I layered this onto a scalloped circle of Real Red and attached it to the front of the holder with dimensionals.
A single rhinestone above the “i” finished it off and adds the sparkle that I love to have on all my projects .
There are several options to keep the holder together but I went for quick, easy and secure, a staple on either side and it’s done. I found it easier to staple the sides before I’d attached the sentiment to the front and folded the front flap down. One thing I would change though is the orientation of the staples, I think I’d have the flat side on the back. I think it would look nicer and there’d be less chance of them catching on anything.
A Quick and Easy Tutorial:
Real Red: 2″ x 9-1/2″ (for the base) & 3″ x 3″(for the scalloped circle)
Whisper White: 3″ x 3″ (for the sentiment circle)
DSP: 1-3/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Score the base cardstock @ 1″ and 4-1/2″
- Fold and burnish the folds, fold the 1″ section in the opposite direction to form a small flap on the front of the folder (see top right photo)
- Round the corners (optional)
- Attach the DSP piece with an even border around the bottom and sides
- Staple the holder together under the flap portion and towards the edges (this might vary depending on the size of treat you are using)
- Stamp your sentiment and image on the Whisper White piece and die cut with the 2nd largest stitched circle framelit
- Die cut a Real Red scalloped circle using the 3rd largest scalloped circle framelit and adhere the two circles together
- Attach to the front of the holder with dimensionals in the vertical centre of the sentiment piece
- Embellish as desired
I hope this is easy to follow, if you have any questions just let me know.
I hope you enjoyed today’s quick and easy project and remember, with a different paper and sentiment you’d have a sweet little treat suitable for any occasion.
I hope you all have a lovely day 🙂
Click here to shop with me
To receive a free Catalogue, click here
JANUARY HOST CODE: FUJA3XTB
Treats for the Sweet Supplies
Sealed With Love // 142815
Real Red cardstock // 106578
Sending Love DSP // 142733
Thick Whisper White cardstock // 140490
Layering Circles Framelits // 141705
Stitched Shapes Framelits // 145372
Basic Black ink pad // 140931
Real Red ink pad // 126949
Rhinestones Basics Jewels // 119246