Stampin’ Up Demonstrator Karen Robinson – 12 Weeks of Halloween 2016 – Week 1
I’ve been having a lovely time playing with new goodies from the new Holiday Catalogue (commences September 1st) and am a bit late sharing my first weeks project, I’ll have to double up towards the end 🙂
I know a lot of people in Australia aren’t that keen on Halloween so I’ll add a Christmas version (where possible) on Festive Fridays.
This weeks project is a little witches hat.
The hat was made using the Pyramid Pals Thinlits and a circle of matching Basic Black cardstock (approx. 3-1/2″ diameter) cut using the Circles Framelits.
To decorate I added a strip of Halloween Night Washi Tape around the base of the hat, a rosette made using the Halloween Night Specialty DSP and layered some elements from the Spooky Fun and Halloween Scene Bundle stamped in Basic Grey on Smoky Slate cardstock.
This version uses Basic Grey cardstock for the hat and different decorative elements from the same washi tape, DSP and stamp sets as above.
I wanted to try something less obviously Halloween-y so had a go at a wizards hat (I was thinking Harry Potter), the hat is in Elegant Eggplant and all the decorations are cut from Silver Foil.
The stars are from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, the bats were cut using the Home Sweet Home Thinlits and the moons were made with the 3/4″ Circle Punch. I purposely left off any sentiment for a more generic feel.
I’m planning on using my hats for decoration only but did score the back at 1-1/2″ to create a flap to allow access to any goodies inside. This flap stays closed quite well but if I were going to hand them out or transport them I think I’d add a glue dot for extra security.
If you’d like a free kit to make this project just place a minimum $25.00 order (before shipping) in my online store using the September Hostess Code: 94TCGNKT and I’ll send you a kit to make one of these cute hats in early October.
(Only available to Australian residents)
The kit will contain:
* The die cut pyramid box pieces and circle in either Basic Black or Basic Grey cardstock
* A strip of Halloween Night Specialty DSP 3/4″ W x 12″ L (for the rosette)
* A strip of Halloween Night Washi tape (for the base of the hat)
* Two pieces of cardstock 2 x 3″ in Smoky Slate and Whisper White for stamping.
* Two bats and one witch silhouette die cut in Basic Black
Note: You will need to provide your own adhesive, ink, stamps and/or framelits.
To receive a free kit please remember to:
* Make sure you see my name as the demonstrator in the top right corner
* Enter the Hostess Code for the current month
* Tick YES to allow my demonstrator to contact me (or I won’t know who you are)
* If you spend $250+ do not use the Hostess Code (you will receive your own rewards), you will still receive 10 different free kits (from the 12 Weeks of Halloween) as well as a bonus thank you gift from me
(I’m currently writing a tutorial for this project which I’ll add to this post as soon as it’s finished to help assemble this kit.)
I’m planning to add more free kits for each $25.00 spent for the different Halloween projects during August and September, so I hope you’ll come back for more ideas.
If you’d like your own copy of the Holiday Catalogue please contact me and I’ll post one out to you within two weeks. (Limit one per person). If you already have a demonstrator please contact them for your copy.
I hope you liked this first week and that you’ll come back soon.
Click here to shop with me
To receive a free Holiday Catalogue 2016, click here